California Attorneys Working in Wrongful Termination, Sexual Harassment, and More
For both employers and employees, wrongful termination lawsuits can be very difficult. Employees feel they have lost their livelihood for completely unjust reasons. Employers have a duty to protect their business from the expenses, in terms of both money and publicity that will come from what may be a groundless claim.
At Michael P. Ring & Associates , our lawyers work closely with each client, remaining responsive to their concerns while fighting hard on their behalf. In the past 40 years of work, we have filed more than 100 actions involving wrongful discharge and related employment violations. The basis for these actions has involved a variety of legal basis, including:
- Sexual harassment and discrimination
- Race and religious discrimination
- National origin discrimination
- Whistle-blower actions and other retaliatory discharge claims
- Violations of state statutory employee protections
- Violations of the Disability Discrimination Act of 1995
- Family medical leave act (FMLA)
- Breach of covenant, breach of contract
- Hostile work environment
- Negotiated severance packages arising from wrongful discharge, and
- Long-term disability.
Our attorneys have handled very large-scale litigation against formidable opponents, including Chevron, Computer Associates, General Motors and Merrill Lynch. We have the resources and experience to help any client, and frequently receive cases from other lawyers who are unable to handle especially complex cases. Some of our recent cases include high-profile sexual harassment and whistleblower retaliation lawsuits.
We are proud of our client service; our lawyers always keep clients aware of all developments in their cases, and we are never difficult to reach. For a free initial consultation with one of our lawyers, call our Santa Barbara law offices at 805-564-2333 or visit our contact page. We help clients from throughout California, with many cases coming from the tri-county area of Santa Barbara, Ventura, and San Luis Obispo.